Victims of Domestic Violence

Spouse: You may self-petition if you are the battered spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Your children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 may also be eligible to file on your petition.

Parent: You may self-petition as the parent of a child who has been abused by a U.S. citizen parent or legal permanent resident.

Child: You may also petition as the child of a U.S. citizen parent or legal permanent resident who has abused you.

Applicant must prove:

– was legally married to the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident batterer. A petition may also be filed within 2 years of termination of the marriage by death or divorce.

– battery occurred in the United States unless abusive spouse is employed by the United States government or military.

– battery or extreme cruelty occurred during the marriage.

– applicant is of good moral character; and

– applicant entered into the marriage in good faith.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information at this web site is for advertising and general information purposes. This information is not intended to be legal advice for you to rely on. We recommend you contact the firm for specific questions.”